Saturday, July 17, 2010

Tiras and Toilet Tidings (A July 14 Post)

Tiras has discovered the toilet. And by that I am not coyly announcing that my kiddo has precociously potty trained himself as a follow-up to his recent walking achievement. No, I mean that he has discovered that it is big fun to flush a toilet or rattle the handle in an attempt to flush the toilet. Fun like that is bested, of course, by the experience of dropping a toy car in the toilet. And on a truly great day, Tiras has been known to smile at me confidently and then, with lightning speed, swoop his arm downward and scoop up a little toilet water, an action his (perhaps epically dense, given that he was in the same room as a TOILET, an object of obvious awesomeness) mom failed to see coming. I am doing my best to make the latter a one-time life event. Because. Gross!

And, on a somewhat related note to toilets, it turns out the can't miss comedy routine for a nearly 15-month-old continues to be to wiggle around and laugh uproariously during diaper changing time. Flipping to tummy as if in the midst of an Olympic team trial for swiftest rolling over, he will do all in his (impressively formidable) power to thwart my efforts to change his diaper. And did I mention the uproarious laughter? All coming from Tiras. I tend to be smiling through clenched teeth as I get increasingly worn down and as my "No"s and "You need to be still"s are increasingly treated as amusing suggestions to be utterly ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Friends and Family to It Is Well. Comments are welcome. I will moderate comments before publishing them because sometimes rather wacky things can happen out in the old blogosphere. Anonymous posts are welcome too, but don't forget to sign your name so we know who dropped by! Ok, then, here we go!