Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hoppy Days


For the past few months, we have had an increasing number of visits by these tiny little frogs. Initially, they just seemed to wash in with the rain. Sadly, a few seemed to get stuck in our kitchen and we would find their dead little corpses the next morning. But as time has gone on, it is a daily occurrence to have these frogs on the inside and outside of our kitchen window and in various spots in the kitchen. One lone frog (pictured above) even ventured into the dining room and somehow managed to scale its way to the top of a chair. I am curious how long we will have these little visitors and if they will return the same time next year. Stay tuned...

That was hoppy news and I also have news that makes me happy. One of my most favorite authors EVER, Louise Penny, has a new book coming out this summer!!! You can get a sense of her awesomeness from her website. Yes, she writes great mysteries. And, yes, she has me determined to visit Quebec. But what makes her magical is her compassion and insight into human nature--its foibles and its graces. She has created a village filled with characters I wish I could come visit every year. My mom and cousin are as ardent as I in their fanhood. The timing of the book's release will be our return back from home leave--I think it will be a terrific pick-me-up to have this book waiting for me and to know a couple of my favorite people in the world are reading it too!
http://www.louisepenny.com/

I am off to pre-order her book, A Trick of the Light. Yay for that! Deron is at a meeting and then off to Nairobi for the week to attend a conference. A happy little book order is just the boost my morale could use because I wish he did not have to go. I realize that the days zip along and he will be back before I know it and I realize the goodbye is the hardest part, BUT, yuck. Even the idea of chocolate is not cheery enough, so it is off to Amazon I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Friends and Family to It Is Well. Comments are welcome. I will moderate comments before publishing them because sometimes rather wacky things can happen out in the old blogosphere. Anonymous posts are welcome too, but don't forget to sign your name so we know who dropped by! Ok, then, here we go!