Friday, April 22, 2011

Spring Cleaning Interrupted

Last Friday, while gearing up to do one last push in the effort to get every drawer and shelf in our office organized and every scrap of paper filed or tossed (no recycling of paper here--yes, it hurts!), I was approached by Micah wanting to do something while Tiras was napping.

I tossed out to Micah, "can't you watch t.v.?!" (I know, great moments in parenting captured forever on the blog) and he looked at me quite soberly and said, "I don't want to watch t.v. I want to interact with you." And you know, when your five-year-old informs you that he wants to "interact" with you rather than be planted in front of a t.v., by gum and by golly you are gonna set aside your organizational plans and interact with the boy! And be sheepish and feel about two millimeters tall.

I remembered that my cousin had sent us gel window decorations for Easter and that Micah had been excited to try them out. I suggested that we decorate our window and he was thrilled and we had a ball decorating with those gel designs. Well, I was only tasked with the letters--all the rest was all Micah. He was very proud to have made sure all the gel decor was well out of the reach of his brother. It turned out really cute and festive. And was way more fun and memorable than getting my office tamed. (Many thanks, Darcy!)

Good Friday has always been one of the high points of the year for me. And had I not begun my day at 4:45 a.m. courtesy of a restless Tiras, I might even be able to articulate a metaphor about a flawed mommy finding redemption and second chances in Easter decorating with her son and a flawed world finding redemption and second chances in Easter and God's son. This weekend we worship and celebrate a patient and endlessly loving God seeing past our foibles and cherishing us enough to send his Son to pay the price for our every shortcoming and wrong act--from the silly and petty to the most dark and ugly. It is well, indeed!

Happy Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Friends and Family to It Is Well. Comments are welcome. I will moderate comments before publishing them because sometimes rather wacky things can happen out in the old blogosphere. Anonymous posts are welcome too, but don't forget to sign your name so we know who dropped by! Ok, then, here we go!